How was your week, my tarot-loving friend? I’m already missing New Orleans, although I don’t leave for another week. I’m headed back to see family (with a short detour for a writing conference in the Windy City), and I’m missing them like crazy, but it’s still hard to leave this city that has my heart. Like many things in life, traveling is awesome, but sometimes it’s HARD.
1. TAROT + PERSONALITY TYPES – Life got a lot simpler for me when I discovered my true personality type (INTP). This quirky post by Jennifer Soldner maps each of the 16 Myers Brigg Personality Types with a tarot card. If you don’t know your type, there’s a quick quiz here.
2. THE MYTHICAL NEG – Although mansplaining, negging, peacocking, and gaslighting drive me nuts, I’m actually a fan of some aspects of the Pick Up Community. Having those patriarchal, objectifying, and brutally unhealthy techniques creep into the woo-woo and mystical world, however is bullshit. This post by Lisa Fabrega is about negging and what to do when you see it happening in our communities.
3. MORNING PAGES – It’s no secret that journaling (especially tarot journaling) has been a life-changer for me, but I didn’t actually start with journaling with my tarot cards. I started by doing Morning Pages, a la Julia Cameron. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, this short post sums what Morning Pages are, how to practice them, and their effects quite nicely.
4. COLLATERAL – If you’ve ever wondered what would happen if you combined the movie Love, Actually (one of my favorites) with PTSD, xenophobia, and murder…the answer is Collateral, a 4-episode TV drama that I’m recommending to everyone. It’s dark, but WOW.
5. A NEW TAROT SPREAD – If you’re feeling disconnected and untrusting of the world (like you might be after watching Collateral), here’s a tarot spread for authentically connecting with other people. There’s a printable tarot journal page, too, so you can use it as often as you need.
MORE THINGS TO LOVE…reading books that make my brain hurt…watching grippingly dark British TV with a strong female lead (Doctor Foster)…eating all the springtime berries…and sending postcards to the people I love.
All my love,