How was your week, my tarot-loving friend? I just landed in New Orleans, my adopted home, after a 36-ish hour train adventure. It was AWESOME!!! I’ll be eating all the crawfish and gumbo for the next few weeks, plus taking a mini-road trip through Texas to see this exhibit. Looks awesome, doesn’t it?
1. WANT STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS? – Who doesn’t want stronger, healthier relationships? Here’s a roundup of six tarot cards that can help you make your relationships stronger and more loving.
2. OH, HANK – Obsessing about this quote right now…
Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.
– Henry Rollins
…while I try to learn all the things.
3. READING TAROT REVERSALS – Do you struggle with reading reversed (upside-down) tarot cards? Everyone does! Here’s a quick post from Little Red Tarot that might give you a new perspective and help to make it easier.
4. DEFINING SUCCESS – Everyone’s definition of success is different. Do you want lots of money, fame, or attention? That’s totally cool! But maybe you just want to make great art, have kids, or visit every one of the National Parks? That’s awesome, too! Carrie Mallon put together a nice article about using the tarot to find YOUR definition of success.
5. TRAVEL NECESSITIES – Traveling by train means lots of friendly, chatty people. Which is great for the first 6 hours, but after that, you’ll want some headphones. 🙂 While I normally pack light (and have heard great things about these), I spent a ridiculous amount of money on these heavy buggers and don’t regret it for a second. They cancel out ALL the noise and have a nice “don’t bother me” vibe.
MORE THINGS TO LOVE…Traveling by train. It’s SOOOO much better than flying!…squishy dried pineapple rings…surprise bouquets of flowers…getting the perfect Bahn Mi with my favorite lunch companion…and seeing people reading tarot cards in the sun.
All my love,