How was your week, my tarot-loving friend? I’m falling back in love with New Orleans, wandering the French Quarter, picnicking with old friends, and getting fancy-lady drinks with new ones. I leave in a few days to take a two-week road trip through Texas, so I’m trying to soak it all in. What are you up to?
1. HOW TO SUPPORT PUERTO RICO – I lived through Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the aftermath. This post about how to support Puerto Rico right now, post-hurricane, felt like a punch in the sternum. Based on my own similar experiences, I KNOW everything the writer says is true. After reading this, I’ve changed my winter plans and will now spend at least a couple weeks visiting the island, spending my money, and helping them return to normal.
2. I TRUST THE FUTURE – The power and agency of the young people in this country right now is inspiring. When I start to get scared or confused after hearing the bullshit coming from Old White Men in Washington, I read posts like this one and realize we’re going to be okay. Thank you authors for preparing the next generation to take over the world!
3. WEEKLY TAROT SPREADS – I’ve started a new series on this blog with weekly tarot spreads, each designed around a specific self-discovery or personal development topic (like Forgiveness, Gratitude, or Body-Positivity, for example).
Each spread includes a free PDF printable tarot journaling page, so you can print out each spread and create your own binder of problem-solving tarot spreads. Bookmark this page to get them all.
4. WANT TO READ CARDS PROFESSIONALLY? – Not everyone wants to read cards for others, but you CAN make a good living if you want to turn pro. The Tarot Lady’s blog is an excellent resource for the basics about tarot+business and this podcast episode from Biddy Tarot will help you decide if you’re ready.
If you do want to go pro, GO PRO. The world needs more ethical and professional business owners, and you can be one of them.
5. TAROT NECESSITIES – My favorite “academic” tarot reader is Benebell Wen & she’s got two new offerings that are so useful. Although I’m about 20 years from my next Saturn Return (so this isn’t for me), she’s got a totally free Saturn Return Survival Kit for people around age 29 or 58 (Saturn returns to your chart every 29 years or so). It looks fantastic.
She’s also got a SUPER useful ebook/course on Copyrights + Tarot. If you’re looking to become a professional tarot reader (or a tarot professional in any way), this is MANDATORY reading. Benebell is an Intellectual Property Attorney, so she’s got the skills & professional knowledge to put this together.
Last year, I paid an IP Attorney over $1200 to answer a few questions for me about tarot image copyright issues. Benebell’s book/e-course is a STEAL at $17 and covers everything you need to know if you post images of tarot decks on social media, write tarot books, or want to create your own tarot deck. It includes a bonus ebook on publishing contracts specific to tarot & metaphysical publishing houses, which is obscure, but I’m in the middle of negotiating a contract, so this is a vital and very timely resource.
MORE THINGS TO LOVE…New Orleans, New Orleans, New Orleans…perfect spring morning with fog over the bayou…amazing new coffee shops in my favorite city…wearing dresses & skirts and feeling the breeze on my legs…finding breathtakingly beautiful & familiar photographs on Instagram…and realizing how important “home” really is.
All my love,